A strong visual image enables students, staff, parents, and community members to easily identify schools at the DSBN. Consistent use of school brand identifiers, including colours, mascots and logos, enhance recognition of schools, and is a way to visually highlight school values and culture. Consistency of logo use between all schools at the District School Board of Niagara aligns branding practices between the DSBN and its schools.
School and Mascot Logo Use
- Communications will support schools with procedures and advice to identify appropriate school logo and mascot use
- The School logo must be used on school documents, publications, signage, websites, social media, electronic communication, spirit wear and other materials representing the school
- It may appear in concurrence with the DSBN logo on promotional items such as agendas, spirit wear, signage and giveaways where appropriate
- School logos are only to be used and/or displayed by authorized members of the school community
- Third parties are only permitted to use a school’s logo with written permission of the school l administrator designate, or, DSBN Communications
- School logos cannot be used in a manner that could be construed as an endorsement of other organizations, products or services
Creating and Altering School and Mascot Logos
- Communications will support schools in the creation of original logos, mascots and other visual identifiers
- All school logos and associated brand identifiers shall be reflective of their connection to the school as a place of learning
- Prohibited school logos include those adapted from a trademarked image(s), free online logo services and/or stock images, and logo design
- School logos must be original designs with original creative files owned by the DSBN
- School logos may only be displayed using official versions. Proposed changes or alterations may only occur with permission of the Superintendent working in conjunction with DSBN Communications
- School logos and mascots must respect the equity, dignity, well-being, diversity, and inclusion of all individuals, groups, and communities.
- Elements may not be added to the official school or mascot logos without permission of the superintendent working in conjunction with DSBN Communications. This includes but is not limited to typefaces, rules, surrounded boxes, shadows, colour changes, outlines, or embellishments.