Start typing to perform a search...
- No person, business or organization shall be permitted to advertise, distribute, promote, offer for sale or sell, directly or indirectly, any product, activity or service to students in a school or on the school property without permission from the Principal, normally in consultation with the School Council.
- Fees shall be charged, or goods/services in kind received, for commercial advertisements.
A written advertising contract between the school and the advertiser shall be prepared for each type of advertisement. This agreement shall include: nature/description of the advertisement, compensation/fee for the advertisement, and conditions for the renewal and termination of the agreement.
Principals are advised to consult the School Superintendent prior to signing such an agreement.
- Commercial advertising will normally be restricted to gymnasia, cafeteria, school and Board publications (i.e., yearbooks, event programs, newsletters, websites).
- Requests for advertising in classrooms or other instructional settings must be approved by the Board.
- Any required alterations to buildings or grounds that might be needed as a result of a decision connected to this Policy must be approved by the appropriate Supervisory Officer, and follow the steps outlined in Administrative Procedure: School Initiated Alteration Projects. Alterations would include posting of exterior signs on Board property.
- Funds and other benefits such as "bonuses" or prizes generated from commercial advertisements and promotional material shall be used to support school related activities.
- The distribution of information and/or an invitation to students to participate in projects or contests initiated by political officials/candidates shall be considered a form of advertising.