This policy seeks to support the proper care and maintenance of schools by students, staff and the community, and to
support measures which will discourage vandalism (wilful damage) to District School Board of Niagara (DSBN) property.
CONSEQUENCES OF DAMAGE TO SCHOOL BOARD PROPERTY
- Wilful damage, destruction or misappropriation of school property by students will normally result in student discipline
and the requirement of restitution. The Police may also be involved.
- Accidental damage by students, destruction or loss of school property normally will require restitution, but will not
involve student discipline.
- When acts of vandalism or damage are committed by persons other than DSBN students, the Police will normally be
- Students and staff shall be encouraged to take pride in their school and to help to reduce vandalism.
- Schools shall encourage and implement strategies with neighbours for reporting of unauthorized after hours activities.
- The removal of graffiti in a timely manner discourages vandalism. Graffiti shall be removed as quickly as possible
under the supervision of appropriate DSBN personnel.